This blog will be used to share my reflections and experiences as I complete courses for a M.Ed. in Educational Technology Leadership. I started the program in February 2012.

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Web Conference Week 2 Reflection


I attended my first web conference for EDLD 5306 on Wednesday, March 7, 2012.  I was somewhat anxious to get set up as I had purchased a new computer for my graduate studies and wanted to get familiarized with the computer and equipment.  The audio was not working properly initially (operator error) however it wasn’t long until we figured it out.  It was nice to meet others who are sharing the same technology journey as I am.  I was comforted to know that we have a diverse group from all parts of the country.  I look forward to learning from everyone.
I enjoyed hearing details about the Educational Technology Leadership graduate program.  I enjoyed hearing about Lamar’s Accreditation and Standards.  My questions regarding the Tk20 account were answered.   Discussion regarding our Internship requirements and where to find the information on our Cohort group account were understood however, I need further explanation on the 33 Technology Performance Indicators (Internship Plan/Field-based Experience Plan) and how they relate to the 38 skills across 9 Principal Competencies and 3 Domains (Principal’s Competencies Chart).        

No comments:

Post a Comment