Action research is a process of self-reflective research in which educators and practitioners reflect systematically on their practice, placing forth informed action to bring about improvement to their practice. As I have read through our selections this week, I’ve specifically learned that action research is a continuing and ongoing process. Monitoring and updating the project based on the data collected is everlasting and consequently very informative. Maybe more importantly, I have learned what action research is not. Action research is not problem-solving in the sense in trying to find out what is wrong, but rather a quest of knowledge about how to improve upon personal strategies. Action research is not about accomplishing research about people or looking for the correct answers. It involves people working to improve upon their skills and strategies. Action research is not about learning why we do certain things the way we do, but rather how we can do things better. It is about how we can change our instruction to positively impact our students.
I'm looking forward to using action research as we begin to incorporate more technology into the resource classroom. We look forward in using the research and information we collect to monitor the positive and negative aspects of this change. As I have read in action research articles, time seems to be a major challenge. I do not think it will be any different at our campus as we incorporate our technology plan. I anticipate a struggle to find the time to not only learn how to use the technology, but manage to incorporate it into the lessons for our resource students. I look forward to the many benefits for our students using various types of technology. I know our students will be glad about the new technology and will embrace the change that it brings to our campus.
No comments:
Post a Comment